What should I consider when looking for an Early School?
We’ve put together some suggestions below to ask when visiting a Nido Early School, as we know this is a hugely important decision for your family and we want you to feel comfortable that you’ve made the right choice for your child.
- Do the hours offered suit my requirements?
- What happens if I need flexibility with childcare requirements?
- How do I calculate the fees / what is the Child Care Subsidy
- What information to do I need to provide? How do you keep my information confidential?
- What do the children do on a daily basis? Examples of activities, any special services that the Early School offers and types of learning in outdoor learning spaces?
- What does the Reggio Emilia philosophy mean in practice?
- How does the Nido team work together to offer the best care?
- Do you have ratings for the Early School?
- What qualifications do your Educators, Curriculum Leaders and other staff have?
- What other training do Nido staff have?
- How many people work in each room and for each age group?
- What kind of food do you offer?
- What do I need to bring on a daily basis?
- How will you communicate with me?
- What happens if my child is unhappy, or they have behavioural issues?
- What is your illness policy for children?
- Do you follow guidelines in terms of your outlook on sustainability and how do you encourage children to support this?