Ensuring the best possible standards
Every member of our team knows exactly what every child is able to eat and information about a child’s dietary, allergenic, cultural and medical needs will be available in every room. Upon enrolment, we work with you to develop a plan to ensure your child is kept safe.
All our meals are prepared in accordance with Food Safety Standards. Our chefs and cooks go through an induction when they start and have ongoing training to ensure we adhere to all food standards.
We ask parents not bring any food into our services to be mindful of every child’s needs.
Safety comes first
A child’s safety is so important to us that it even impacts how we design our Early Schools – with only one entrance. Our regulations and policies around safety are based on many years of experience, plus extensive scenario planning.
Our medicine cabinet
Our teams are trained to keep your child safe:
- All medicine onsite is kept in locked cabinets
- We know each child in our care, and if we suspect they are not feeling well, we will contact you immediately
- Sunscreen is applied prior to children going outside and reapplied every two hours; our Sun Smart policy has been accredited by the Cancer Council
Covid-19 extra safe
We follow government guidelines, but as always, seek to go above and beyond for your child. For example, we hold handwashing competitions and award Little Clean Hands certificates to make good hygiene fun.
We have the following specific processes in place:
- Hand sanitizer is provided for staff and children at each Early School and everyone has their temperature checked twice daily
- All staff are encouraged to have vaccinations
- Staff and children with any COVID-19 symptoms are required to get tested and stay at home until a negative test result is provided
If you have any concerns about Nido Schools and COVID-19, please contact your local Early School.