We are flexible. We are always here for you, as well as your child.
Every family is unique, with their own specific requirements. To cater for this, we provide education and care for the days that work best for you, plus flexible hours to offer the most suitable options for your family. We also offer casual care days as we know things change and you may find yourself in need of extra support.
Getting Ready to Start
We want to get to know you and your child; the little things that matter to your child, matter to us. We’d love you to attend orientation sessions with your child before their first day. You are welcome to attend as many days as you’d like for both you and your child, with days planned to suit your diary. We know that sometimes adults also need a little hand holding too!
The Nido Orientation Day
- Making sure your child feels happy with their key Educators
- Understanding the unique needs of your child including medication, allergies, cultural needs and preferences
- Discussing our unique educational approach
- Familiarising your family with our Early School to ensure you feel at home and meeting other families and children
- Learning the rhythm of the day; from welcoming you in the morning to waving goodbye
- Giving you parking and security information
- Receiving your Welcome and Family Pack… everything you need to know as a parent and answering any questions you may have
- Making sure we have everything in place – confirming immunisation records and discussing any other needs
Day One and Settling In
During the first few days, both you and your child will have lots of questions and you may feel anxious. We will ensure that all your questions are answered and do our utmost to ensure your child enjoys all their new experiences – from trying new food, meeting lots of new adults, to playing with new friends. We also know that leaving your child may take a while to get used to, so we’re here for you as well! At Nido, our team across the Early School, focus on building relationships with all our children to make them feel safe and secure.
For more detailed information regarding our Nido Early Schools, please download our Family Handbook.