Find The Closest Early Learning Centre Near You
If your child’s early learning centre is conveniently located to your home or workplace, drop-offs and pick-ups will be so much less stressful when you don’t have the issue of traffic that might impact your day or having a longer journey to get to your child quickly if they become ill.
Knowing your child is nearby can also be reassuring, given that you are entrusting someone to care for your child. You may also feel more at ease if you can spend longer settling a child in or spending time with your child in the Early School setting if possible.
You’ll also have to think about practical considerations like whether there is easy onsite parking or is the early learning school easily accessible on public transport?
But this isn’t often the most important consideration for many families when looking at Early Schools. When having a look at early learning school options, think about the following:
- Do the other children who attend look happy?
- Will my child feel safe, loved, and cared for when I’m not there? The Nido staff will always be on hand to discuss how they can reassure your child.
- Is there plenty of outside space and engaging activities on offer?
- How are the age groups split?
- What is the approach of the Nido Early School to learning? Inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach, the Nido Early School approach fosters the belief that the child, parent, community and environment are all essential to the learning process.
- How will you find out what your child has been doing during the day if there isn’t the opportunity to speak to staff at pick up times?
- What will your child be eating at their Early Learning Centre? At a Nido Early Learning Centre, we believe food is at the heart of a child’s wellbeing and all food is freshly cooked on site with our menus developed in conjunction with Nourished Beginnings.
- Does the Early Learning School provide nappies, bedding and sunscreen to make your daily life a little easier?
- Can you claim the Child Care Subsidy? And if so, what will your fees be after your claim?
We want to get to know you and your child; the little things that matter to your child, matter to us. We’d love you to attend orientation sessions with your child before their first day. You are welcome to attend as many days as you’d like for both you and your child, with days planned to suit your diary. We know that sometimes adults also need a little hand holding too when choosing the most suitable Early Learning Centre!
Please also see our family handbook for more detailed information.