The best way to start your journey with us is to come and look at our Early School. We want you to feel that every question has been answered and you’ve met all the Nido team.
We understand time is precious for families and to make the process as simple and convenient for you as possible, we offer the opportunity to enrol either online or in person at your local school.
If you wish to enrol, we will assist you by providing all the information you need – from fees, subsidies, paperwork requirements such as birth certificate and immunisation records, plus details about starting and our orientation day for you and your child.
If your preferred school is full, you will be contacted by the appropriate Nido Early School with an offer of placement as soon as a vacancy arises.
As we know this is a hugely important decision for your family and we want you to feel comfortable that you’ve made the right choice for your child, we’ve put together some questions below to ask at your visit before enrolment.
What should I consider when joining a Nido Early School?
- Do the hours offered suit my requirements?
- What happens if I need flexibility with childcare requirements?
- How do I calculate the fees / what is the Child Care Subsidy?
- What information to do I need to provide? How do you keep my information confidential?
- What do the children do on a daily basis? Examples of activities, any special services that the Early School offers and types of learning in outdoor learning spaces?
- What does the Reggio Emilia philosophy mean in practice?
- How does the Nido team work together to offer the best care?
- Do you have ratings for the Early School?
- What qualifications do your Educators, Curriculum Leaders and other staff have?
- What other training do Nido staff have?
- How many people work in each room and for each age group?
- What kind of food do you offer?
- What do I need to bring on a daily basis?
- How will you communicate with me?
- What happens if my child is unhappy or they have behavioural issues?
- What is your illness policy for children?
- Do you follow guidelines in terms of your outlook on sustainability and how do you encourage children to support this?