Find the Closest Preschool Near You
What should I think about when looking for a preschool near me?
Making the decision to leave your child in the care of someone else is an incredibly important decision and finding the right preschool for your child can make a huge difference to the way they feel about learning in the future.
- How is the preschool run in terms of its ethos to learning? A Nido Early School follows the principles of Reggio Emilia and our staff will be very happy to talk through what the Reggio Emilia philosophy means in practice.
- How are children grouped together?
- Does the preschool offer special activities such as trips out to the community, or activities like bush kinder or special sports? Nido offer a huge variety of benefits, all tailored to suit to our local communities.
- When considering which preschool suits your family, location is also often paramount. Is the preschool near your home or place of work? If not, you’ll also need to factor traffic into your commute time before you decide on which preschool has the best location for your family.
- A necessity if you need to collect your child for any reason and for easy drop off and pick-ups, is there a public transport stop such as a tram, train, or bus near the pre-school? At many of our locations, we offer pram storage to make your life easier too.
- Is there easy parking onsite at the preschool?
- What happens if I need to work longer hours, have a problem with pick up or need to change the required days for my child? Every family is unique, with their own specific requirements. To cater for this, we provide education and care for the days that work best for you, plus flexible hours. We also offer casual care days as we know things change and you may find yourself in need of extra support from your preschool.
- How much does your preschool requirements cost? Our Nido staff can talk through our fees and what you may be able to claim in terms of the Childcare Subsidy.
The best way to start your preschool journey for your child is to either take a virtual tour or better still, come and look at your local Nido preschool. We want you to feel that every question has been answered when looking for your perfect preschool and you’ve met all the Nido team. You’ll see first-hand how unique each Nido preschool is in terms of its architectural design and how we follow the unique principles of Reggio Emilia.
We understand that time is precious for families when looking for a preschool and to make the process as simple and convenient for you as possible, we offer the opportunity to enroll either online or in person at your local preschool. If you wish to enroll, we will assist you by providing all the information you need – from fees, subsidies, paperwork requirements plus details about starting for you and your child.
Please also see our family handbook for more detailed information.