Exceeding National Quality Standards: Nido Early School, Tuggerah
Nido Early School are delighted to announce that their school in Tuggerah NSW has been rated as EXCEEDING the National Quality Standards. This is fantastic news for everyone involved – the children, their parents & caregivers and, of course, the passionate staff responsible for this well-deserved accolade.
What Are The National Quality Standards?
- Seven Quality Areas
- Nido rated exceeding in 4/7 for an overall rating of ‘Exceeding’
Seven Quality Areas
Australian Children’s Education & Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) rates Early Childhood Education and Care, as well as outside school hours care services in Australia in 7 Quality Areas, known as the National Quality Standards.
The Quality Areas are stated as:
- Educational program and practice: Educational program and practice of educators are child-centred, stimulating and maximise opportunities for enhancing and extending each child’s learning and development.
- Children’s health and safety: Children have the right to experience quality education and care in an environment that safeguards and promotes their health, safety and wellbeing.
- Physical environment: Physical environment is safe, suitable and provides a rich and diverse range of experiences that promote children’s learning and development.
- Staffing arrangements: Qualified and experienced educators, who develop warm, respectful relationships with children, create predictable environments and encourage children’s active engagement in the learning program.
- Relationships with children: Relationships with children are responsive, respectful and promote children’s sense of security and belonging.
- Collaborative partnership with families and communities: Collaborative relationships with families are fundamental to achieving quality outcomes for children, and community partnerships based on active communication, consultation and collaboration are essential.
- Governance and leadership: Effective leadership and governance of the service contributes to quality environments for children’s learning and development. Effective leaders establish shared values for the service and set clear direction for the service’s continuous improvement.
Nido Early School Tuggerah were rated as Exceeding in 4 out of 7 Quality Areas, for an overall rating of ‘Exceeding‘
Nido Early School Tuggerah have been rated as exceeding in four of these seven categories:
- Quality area one: Educational program and practice
- Quality area three: Physical environment
- Quality area five: Relationships with children
- Quality area six: Collaborative partnerships with families and communities.
The ratings give Nido Early School Tuggerah the official overall rating of ‘Exceeding’.
The Nido Early School Difference
- Our philosophy
- Our people
- Early Years Learning Framework
Being rated as Exceeding is a true recognition of the philosophy behind the Nido Early School approach to early child learning and development. For the staff at Nido their facilities aren’t only about providing a safe and happy location where children are looked after, but also the provision of the guidance and age-appropriate education to best equip them for future growth and development.
Naturally, the staff at Nido’s centres, from Tuggerah, NSW to all their locations in South Australia, Queensland, ACT, Victoria and WA, are the vital key to our success. Our skilled professionals hold a minimum qualification of Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, degree-educated teachers and industry-leading educators are just one of the reasons parents and caregivers trust Nido to look after their children.
But qualifications alone aren’t what make Nido team members shine. This vital experience is combined with a multitude of unique attributes. These include the passion to provide the ultimate life start to the talent of tomorrow and the use of one of the most proven methods of pre-school education to help accomplish this – The Reggio Emilia Approach.
Early Years Learning Framework
The Nido philosophy embraces the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF), a key component of the National Quality Framework for early childhood education and care. This, combined with the world renowned Reggio Emilla Approach, means that Nido Early Schools are not simply childcare centres, they’re dedicated to providing the necessary child development and education to provide the solid foundations on which to build future life success.
Contact Your Local Nido Early School Now for Education and Care that Exceeds Expectations
With centres throughout Australia you too can take advantage of the childcare expertise of Nido Early Schools. Visit nido.edu.au to discover the closest to where you live or drop into your local facility for an informal chat.